Earth Day is coming up Wednesday, April 22nd. Earth Day is an annual event celebrated around the world to take time to appreciate nature and to demonstrate support for environmental protection.
5 WAYS TO CELEBRATE EARTH DAY
April 20, 2020
Did you know that trees and plants produce oxygen and clean carbon dioxide out of the air we breathe? We couldn’t live without them. With most of us inside our homes due to COVID-19, celebrating looks a little different this year. Here is a list of things you can do inside to celebrate and show gratitude towards our beautiful Earth.
- Diffuse some of your favorite essential oils with our incredible diffuser, to relax your senses and bring you closer to nature. Try our Calming oil, which is a balancing blend of Lavender, Rosemary, and Orange oil. Take a moment to research online the benefits of these oils and plants. What do they look like? Where are their origins? What did our ancestors use them for? Maybe find some fun stories or folklore associated with them.
- Turn on a fun nature documentary while diffusing something crisp and minty like Eucalyptus oil or something woodsy like Fir Needle oil or Cedarwood oil. Allow the aromas to surround you, transporting you to nature as you enjoy the beauty this planet has to offer.
- Get excited and start planning a trip to nature (after the COVID-19 lockdown of course) With all this time indoors, I think we are all looking forward to being outside in the fresh air again. This can be a great time to start doing some research and begin to plan a hike or camping trip when the pandemic calms down. It can be as simple as researching a new hiking trail nearby, or finally planning that camping trip with the family. What will you bring? Perhaps you have allergies and want to pack our Allergy Relief oil to help soothe you. Or maybe bring along our Skin Rejuvenation oil and apply to any bug bites you may acquire in the great outdoors. Where will you go? How will you be sure to avoid leaving trash? Maybe you will bring an extra bag and gloves to collect trash and help clean up nature after learning how much it does for us every single breath we take.
- Research ways you can reduce your carbon footprint. How closely do you follow the five R’s – Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Rot, Recycle. This is a great opportunity to help our planet and to save some money.
- I know a lot of us are worried about finances these days but if you are in a position to spend a few dollars that will end up saving you money in the long term… why not invest in a reusable coffee mug or water bottle? Many coffee shops are offering a 10% or more discount every time you bring in your own reusable cup. It’s worth it for the environment and your wallet. Think about how much plastic and paper trash we acquire in our own household every week. Imagine all that and everyone else’s going to the landfills and polluting the earth. Think of our children and our children’s children. Let’s help to leave this planet cleaner than it was when we entered it.
We hope that this list gave you a few fun and easy ideas to celebrate Earth Day from home. There are so many more ways! Get creative! Do some crafts with your kids! Have an indoor picnic with the diffuser going to create nature scents. Give back and donate to a tree planting organization if you have the resources. We are all in this together!